by chef Reggie Johnson, Baste Southern Style Sauces & Seasonings
- 2 lbs. ground beef or pork veal
- ½ c. panko bread crumbs
- ½ c. white onion, diced
- 2 large eggs
- ½ c. Baste Sauce (Tangy, Sweet, or Spicy)
- ½ c. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. Baste Booster – Signature Rub, plus more for topping
- ½ c. Baste Sauce for brushing meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix ground meat, bread crumbs, onion, egg, ½ cup of Baste Sauce, cheese, Baste Booster – Signature Rub, and other seasonings in a large bowl or stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix until ingredients are incorporated.
- Shape into a loaf on a shallow baking pan.
- Brush the remaining 1/4 cup of Baste Sauce over top.
- Bake until the minimum internal temperature is 165 degrees in the center (approximately 45-50 minutes).
- Brush another ¼ cup of Baste Sauce over top and return to oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle some Baste Booster – Signature Rub on top of the meatloaf. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.